Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A package from Nashville!

April 8, 2009
My first day to listen to the Brett Manning Singing Success vocal system I ordered on-line. Rob was a missionary in Tennessee. We’ve traveled through several times. We both love it. So we were happy to get a package from Nashville. So far I am really pleased with his philosophy…inclusive. His style is entertaining and informative…in fact, I will need to listen to the part I listened to this morning several times to be sure that I’ve understood everything.

He talked about using zipping up to high notes, a technique I also read about in Roger Love’s Set your voice free. It works for me. Also, he spoke about using less air to move through the registers. I didn’t listen to as much as I would like because I needed to get moving on to other parts of the house…the kitchen, my practice room, was clean. I can’t wait to hear some new exercises.

Jessie came today and I concentrated on using less air. I am eager to smoothen out my vibrato…just to make the sound less tense and more pleasing to the ear…like Alison Krauss..only opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment