Wednesday, May 13, 2009

almost out of hiding

Saturday morning Rob went off for a jog. I tried to do some writing as the entropy began. We were all kind of half diapered, half fed etc. My Saturday morning voice student arrived unexpectedly. I had kind of given up thinking that the high school kids had reached that busy time of year. Two of them came. I was glad to have the chance to go over some of the new exercises. I didn't feel focused or prepared though. And there was much chaos in the house. We did our best.

This week I reviewed CD #4 and 5 and the style CD. Here are some notes:

"Drinking up the sound"

"chest to middle to head- no pushing or pulling" "tone thins out and releases"

I like the mum for bringing down the larynx, yawn to feel it drop, open the resonating cavities, mouth, head and throat
slightly dopey sound

The no no no on a long scale encourages the head voice because it is narrow. Broad vowels pull you down to chest.

nueh good for mixed

I made my flyer for the mini recital I want to do. I'll attach it...now to actually show it to someone who could come. I need to reconfirm with Jessie today and send it out as an e-mail after. Now to practice these songs...the time?

Rob made a great contact at work. I'd been praying to know how we could learn more about recording. He met a man who does recording at local universities. Great! We want to get any experience we can. I can't wait to learn more about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment