Friday, May 8, 2009

tongue twirls

I went back to the third Singing Successes CD. My high note now is g above high c. I didn't really imagine that his exercises would go above that. The soprano sings up to c above high c. Pretty amazing. I'm trying to think about releasing to get higher.

I am in love with the tongue twirl. I've never done this before. Bethany, loves it too. At first I couldn't do them on breath. I had to focus on keeping my breath flow smooth and consistent to keep the twirl going. I think about the tongue twirl when I am singing arias to keep the sound free and spinning.

I also love the nasty sounding 'ne' for closing the vocal chords properly. This is a popular style exercise but it helps the classical too. I don't know how to explain why right now.

The emphasis is on 'the least amount of strain'. I think singing should be vicariously relaxing for the listener...or releasing if the mood calls for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment