Tuesday, May 26, 2009

one day to my living room recital

I have had a hard time getting myself motivated to practice the arias for the recital tomorrow. Maybe its because I've been working on them for over a year now so I don't feel the need to cram. I also didn't want to wear my voice out and there's the whole time constraint thing.

In the morning I put on CD#6 again, I didn't want to focus on new things since I am performing tomorrow. I really find the last few exercises a good challenge. Practicing keeping the edge in the head voice helps me maintain a sensitivity even when I go legit on the classical pieces.

I have been pleased that I haven't felt my usual pre-performance feelings of dread....just kind of eager. Now I am getting a little nervous because I just watched Susan Boyle perform Memory on Youtube and felt both excited by her performance and vicarious nervousness. Also, Sam is riding the overnight train with his sixth grade class tonight. They are coming home from their trip to Shanghai. So I feel a little anxious about that. But I feel fairly confident that after a few songs I will feel comfortable. It was great to see Susan Boyle overcome her few moments of stage fright and really give a powerful performance with great connection to the audience. The smile on her face was like she was sharing it with one person...very honest.

I practiced guitar and sang today for William and got a few scales on the piano in before the kids started getting up for school. Tonight I made a ton of banana bread (tomorrow I'll make cookies) for the recital. We moved the furniture around in the music room so the piano is in the right direction etc. I practiced ebben n'ndro lontano a little and listened to the itunes version....I forgot the woman's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment