Saturday, May 30, 2009

grateful for friends and family

I am grateful that the recital went well. I have happy memories of preparing the room, buying flowers with Sam and the kids, making banana bread and cookies and buying juice and cups. The room looked so spacious and clean. I turned Grandpa Alden’s picture in my direction….also thinking of Uncle Ed and knowing my mom would
love to be there as well. I am grateful for supportive parents, husband and children, and the sweet friends who took the time to come.
There were a few songs that made me feel a bit nervous. I felt like I had too much weight to carry them off gracefully. I need to lighten up a bit on them or maybe practice them more. I am thinking of the Dove Sono especially. I always wish that it were over when I’m only mid-way through. Heavy songs that don’t move much are what I need help with.
I moved on to CD#7. I am excited that it is a bit more challenging. I didn’t finish it all before getting tired…it was almost eleven o’clock at night. I’ll go back to it today.
I am eager to hear back from BMS…excited to set up an appointment for lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment